Been working at my establishment for 5 years, recently suspended for a week because i accidentally closed out a check wrong…

Q) I have been working for at my establishment for 5 years i was recently suspended for a week because i accidentally closed out a check wrong. I was out of work for more than a week obviously w/o pay. I am a single mother. When i finally received my schedule for work my hours were decreased dramatically. What can i do about it if there is anything i can do. I feel like i wasn’t treated right.

A) I’m sorry to hear about your situation. Being suspended and having your hours reduced can be very difficult, especially if you are a single mother and rely on your income. Here are some steps you could take:

  1. Review your employee handbook or any other documents that outline the company’s policies and procedures. This may provide information about how the company handles disciplinary actions and reduction in work hours.
  2. Speak with your manager or HR representative to express your concerns and ask for clarification about why your hours have been reduced. Try to stay calm and professional, and ask for specific reasons and feedback on your performance.
  3. If you feel that your rights have been violated, consider contacting an employment lawyer or your state labor department to understand your legal options.
  4. Look for other job opportunities in case the company is not able to resolve your concerns or if you feel that you can no longer work for them.

Remember that it’s important to stay professional and calm when addressing this issue. Try to work with your employer to find a resolution that is fair and reasonable for both parties.

If you feel you have been treated unfairly in getting a reduction of earnings you have a right to file for unemployment benefits for your reduced hours. Visit your state unemployment office or state unemployment website and apply for benefits. Your state sets guidelines that determine whether you will be eligible for unemployment benefits, and how much compensation you can receive for lost wages. Your state guidelines also determine how many weeks of benefits you can receive.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *