Find your local unemployment office here! Not a government website

Paychecks: How do I get my last one?

unemployed_personQ: I didn’t get my last paycheck. What can I do?

A: Employers are not required by federal law to give former employees their final paycheck immediately. Some states, however, may require immediate payment. If the regular payday for the last pay period an employee worked has passed and the employee has not been paid, contact the Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division or the state labor department. DOL also has mechanisms in place for the recovery of back wages.

2 Responses to Paychecks: How do I get my last one?

  1. I was working for Huntington Home Care and the job was laid off because the patients daughter wasnt happy with the agencys services.I have been trying to get my check for almost a month and a half and they only respond to my texts messages but they hardly call me back.I have been waiting since 02/14/14 for my check I wanted to know how can I get help to get my check and receive help job wise and money wise.

Leave a reply

697 Responses to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Unemployment Office

Leave a reply