How do I get my work history from 1985 to 2001?

A) To obtain your work history from 1985 to 2001, you may need to take the following steps:

  1. Contact former employers: Reach out to each of your former employers from that time period and ask if they have records of your employment. If they do, they may be able to provide you with a letter or certificate that confirms your dates of employment and job title.
  2. Check with the Social Security Administration (SSA): The SSA keeps records of your earnings and work history, so you can request a copy of your earnings statement. This statement lists your earnings for each year, as well as the name and address of each employer who reported your earnings to the SSA.
  3. Review old tax returns: Your tax returns from the years in question may provide some information on your work history. Look for W-2 forms, which list your employer, your taxable earnings, and other information.
  4. Check with state agencies: Some states maintain records of employment and unemployment, and you may be able to request a copy of your work history from the state agency responsible for these records.

Keep in mind that some records may not be available after a certain number of years, and the process of obtaining records from that far back may take some time. Be persistent, and consider contacting multiple sources if needed to gather all the information you’re looking for.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *