I just moved from Mississippi, working in MS. Where Do I File Unemployment benefits?

Q) I just moved from Mississippi 4 months ago I am working a seasonal job in Fort Worth Texas and I am curious how I should file for unemployment if I can’t find another job when the job ends. Which State would pay and would the payment amount be based in the state that I reside in or the state that is making the payment?

A) If you work in one state and live in another, you must file your claim for unemployment benefits with the state where you worked. Your claim will be subject to that state’s rules and benefit limits. An out-of-state unemployment claim is known as an interstate claim. Fortunately, you don’t have to travel back to your state of employment to file the claim. You can file online, by telephone, or at the nearest unemployment office in the state where you now live. http://work.chron.com/file-out-state-unemployment-11029.html

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *