A) Here are the steps on how to get your LA unemployment benefits:
- File a claim online or by phone. You can file a claim online at www.laworks.net/HIRE or by calling 1-866-783-5567.
- Provide the required information. You will need to provide your social security number, names and addresses of your previous employers, and your most recent wages.
- Answer the eligibility questions. The Louisiana Workforce Commission will ask you a series of questions to determine if you are eligible for benefits.
- File your weekly claims. You will need to file a weekly claim for benefits every week that you are unemployed. You can file your claim online, by phone, or by mail.
Here are some resources that can help you find a job in Louisiana:
- Louisiana Workforce Commission: The Louisiana Workforce Commission offers a variety of services to help job seekers, including job search assistance, training programs, and resume writing help. You can find more information on their website at www.laworks.net.
- Indeed: Indeed is a popular job search website that lists millions of jobs from across the country. You can search for jobs by keyword, location, or industry.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a social networking site for professionals. You can use LinkedIn to connect with potential employers, find job openings, and learn about different industries.
- Monster: Monster is another popular job search website. You can search for jobs by keyword, location, or industry.