Here are the steps on how to apply for unemployment benefits in Georgia:
- Go to the Georgia Department of Labor website: https://dol.georgia.gov/.
- Click on the “Unemployment Benefits” tab.
- Click on the “Apply for Unemployment Benefits” link.
- Create an account or sign in to your existing account.
- Complete the application form. You will need to provide your personal information, employment history, and reason for unemployment.
- Upload any required documents, such as your separation notice or letter from your employer.
- Submit your application.
You can also apply for unemployment benefits by calling the Georgia Department of Labor at 1-866-432-5657.
Here are some of the eligibility requirements for unemployment benefits in Georgia:
- You must be able to work and available for work.
- You must have lost your job through no fault of your own.
- You must have earned a certain amount of wages in the past year.
- You must be able to pass a job search requirement.
The amount of unemployment benefits you receive will depend on your previous wages and the number of dependents you have. The maximum weekly benefit is $365.
You can start receiving unemployment benefits after you file your application. The first payment will be made within two weeks of filing your application.
You will need to continue to file weekly claims to receive unemployment benefits. You can file your weekly claims online or by calling the Georgia Department of Labor.