A) If you are having trouble correcting your MiWAM information and getting unemployment, there are a few things you can try:
- Try using a different browser. Sometimes, problems with MiWAM can be caused by the browser you are using. Try using a different browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge, to see if this resolves the issue.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies. Your browser’s cache and cookies can sometimes cause problems with websites. To clear your browser’s cache and cookies, follow the instructions for your specific browser.
- Try again later. Sometimes, MiWAM can experience technical difficulties. If you are having trouble, try again later.
- Contact the Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA). If you are still having trouble, you can contact the UIA for assistance. You can contact the UIA by phone at 1-866-500-0017 or online at https://www.michigan.gov/leo/bureaus-agencies/uia/contact.
Tips for correcting your MiWAM information:
- Make sure you are logged into the correct MiWAM account.
- Double-check that you are entering your information correctly.
- If you are having trouble changing a specific piece of information, try changing it to something else and then back to the correct information.
- If you are still having trouble, contact the UIA for assistance.
Tips for getting unemployment:
- Make sure you are eligible for unemployment. To be eligible for unemployment in Michigan, you must have earned at least $3,600 in wages during your base period, which is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters prior to your date of separation from employment. You must also be unemployed through no fault of your own and be able and available to work full-time.
- File your unemployment claim as soon as possible after you become unemployed. You can file your claim online at https://www.michigan.gov/leo/bureaus-agencies/uia/uia-resources-for-claimants/information-needed-to-file-a-claim or by phone at 1-866-500-0017.
- Certify for benefits every two weeks. You can certify for benefits online or by phone.
- Respond to all requests for information from the UIA.
- If you have any questions or problems, contact the UIA for assistance.