I need to get my W-2 from Unemployment benefits that I received in 2019. I’ve been trying to find it on your website but haven’t been able to. I need this ASAP for my 2019 tax return

A) I understand that you need your 2019 W-2 from unemployment benefits. I can help you with this.

Unemployment benefits are not typically reported on a W-2 form. Instead, you will receive a Form 1099-G from the state agency that paid you the benefits. This form will show the total amount of benefits you received, as well as any federal income tax that was withheld.

You can find your Form 1099-G online at the DUA website. To do this, you will need to create an account and login. Once you are logged in, you can view your Form 1099-G by clicking on the “My Account” tab and then selecting “Tax Forms.”

If you are unable to find your Form 1099-G online, you can request a copy by mail. To do this, you will need to fill out a Form DUA-933 and mail it to the DUA. The mailing address is:

Department of Unemployment Assistance PO Box 3025 Quincy, MA 02169-3025

You can also request a copy of your Form 1099-G by calling the DUA at 1-877-626-6800.

I hope this helps!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *