I did exactly as the Unemployment had asked me to

Q) Yes my name is Daphne I finally received my payments April 28 I received three of them afterwards and then I was asked to resign up for unemployment so I did exactly as the Unemployment had asked me to and when I did my case has been under investigation sense. so I just wanna know what’s going on . I go to the UI questions and leave an email they never get back in contact with me this is not fair I need to know what’s going on because even when you call that 2900 number all you do is get a recording that they call you back at 8 o’clock every other night or two or three times a week that’s it this is got to be fixed pleas. I just want to know what’s going on I have a son to feed and take care of and house and get his personal needs please help me

A) I understand your frustration, Daphne. It’s not fair that you’re having to go through this, especially when you have a son to take care of.

I’ve looked into the issue, and it seems that the Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) is currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails. This is due to the fact that many people have filed for unemployment benefits due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

I know that it’s frustrating to not be able to get through to someone, but I encourage you to keep trying. The GDOL is working hard to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, here are a few things you can do to get help:

  • Check your online account. You can check the status of your claim and your payment history online.
  • Follow up on your email. If you’ve emailed the GDOL, be sure to follow up with them to make sure they received your message.
  • Visit the GDOL office in person. If you can, try visiting the GDOL office in person. This is often the best way to get your issue resolved.
  • Contact your state representative. Your state representative can help you get in touch with the GDOL and expedite your claim.
  • Hire an attorney. If you’ve been unsuccessful in getting your unemployment payments, you may want to consider hiring an attorney. An attorney can help you file a lawsuit against the GDOL and get your payments.

I know this is a lot of information, but I hope it helps. I wish you the best of luck in getting your unemployment payments.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *