Find your local unemployment office here! Not a government website

I had to leave my part time job to help my special needs child. Can I receive any compensation?

Q) I had to leave my part time job (worked over a year) to help my special needs child to transit to
elementary school just last week. Can I receive any compensation at this time?? Thank you.

A) According to the Department of Labor, you need to meet two criteria to qualify for unemployment: You are unemployed through no fault of your own: That means you are out of a job due to reasons beyond your control, like a layoff. It is very unlikely that you will qualify for unemployment benefits to assist your special needs child in her transition.

Leave a reply

697 Responses to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Unemployment Office

Leave a reply