I currently live in Germany, would I be eligible for Unemployment till I find a job?

unemployed_personQ) I currently live in Germany, I have US Citizenship and currently working under the German system. Would like to know if I move back to Radcliff; Ky where my home of record is, would I be eligible for Unemployment till I find a job? Also is it possible my schooling Certificates that are in German would they be accepted in the US for job positions?

A) As a US citizen who is currently working in Germany, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits in the US if you move back to Radcliff, KY. However, there are a few things you will need to do in order to be eligible.

First, you will need to file for unemployment benefits with the Kentucky Department of Employment and Workforce (KDE). You can do this online or by mail.

When you file for unemployment benefits, you will need to provide information about your employment history, your earnings, and the reason you are unemployed. You will also need to provide information about your education and training.

The KDE will then determine if you are eligible for unemployment benefits. If you are eligible, you will receive a weekly benefit payment. The amount of your benefit payment will depend on your earnings and the state you live in.

You can receive unemployment benefits for up to 26 weeks in most states. However, the length of time you can receive benefits may be shorter if you have not worked for a long time or if you have a high income.

Acceptance of German Schooling Certificates in the US

The acceptance of German schooling certificates in the US depends on the specific job position and the requirements of the employer. In general, however, employers in the US are more likely to accept German schooling certificates if they are accompanied by an English translation.

If you are concerned about the acceptance of your German schooling certificates, you should contact the employer directly to inquire about their specific requirements. You can also contact the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) for more information about the acceptance of international degrees in the US.

Here are some additional tips for moving back to the US and finding a job:

  • Start networking with people in your field as soon as you know you are moving back.
  • Update your resume and cover letter to highlight your skills and experience that are relevant to the US job market.
  • Be prepared to answer questions about your move and why you are interested in working in the US.
  • Be patient. It may take some time to find a job in the US, especially if you are relocating to a new city.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *