Q) I applied for unemployment and was denied because they said I didn’t make enough money in the period of which they picked up a couple days I worked at school in ky.I have worked in Ohio for the last 2 years this was the job. I was laid off from is this who I should draw my unemployment from?
A) You should apply for unemployment insurance benefits in Ohio based on the 2 years you had on the job before being laid off.
General requirement for unemployment insurance benefits:
- Have received enough wages during the base period to establish a claim.
- Be totally or partially unemployed.
- Be unemployed through no fault of his/her own.
- Be physically able to work.
- Be available for work which means to be ready and willing to immediately accept work.
- Be actively looking for work.
- Meet eligibility requirements each week benefits are claimed.
- Be approved for training before training benefits can be paid.