Is there any program for me to obtain my CDL license without having to pay?

unemployed_personQ) I have my CDL BP permit and I am trying to get my license, but driving school are telling me that I require to take a 10 hr driving class even though I have experience driving trucks. They are trying to charge me $870 for the 10 hrs.
Is there any way or program for me to obtain my CDL license without having to pay cause I am currently unemployed. I am hoping that when I get my license I can look for a driving job. Thank you.

A) There are several programs available in the United States that may help individuals obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) without having to pay for it. These programs are often designed to help individuals who are unemployed or underemployed and may include:

  1. Workforce Investment Act (WIA) – This federal program provides funding for job training and education programs, including CDL training.
  2. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) – The VA may provide funding for CDL training to eligible veterans.
  3. Community Colleges – Some community colleges offer CDL training programs that are free or low cost.
  4. State-sponsored programs – Some states offer programs to help individuals obtain a CDL, including funding for training programs.

To find out more about these programs and eligibility requirements, you can contact your local American Job Center or the state department of labor.

Some career centers offer a Truck Driving School program. Contact your local unemployment/career center office and enquirer about the program.

One Comment

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *