Find your local unemployment office here! Not a government website

How do I get unemployment backpay?

Q) How do I get unemployment back-pay, please help me get the forms i need or instructions on how to do this

A) You will first have to complete your initial unemployment insurance application online or by phone in some states. In your application include your prior weeks of missing pay. Your state office of unemployment insurance will certify if you have a valid claim for your back pay. Usually within an average of 14 days you will receive a letter that states the amount of your payments. You will then be able to request your benefits payments on your sate unemployment insurance benefits website.

While it may be slightly different in each state, the above instructions are the key ways to file and get your retroactive (back-pay) unemployment payments: To claim past weeks follow the instructions above and contact your state unemployment insurance agency and get them to retroactively certify you for your past weeks pay.

Leave a reply

694 Responses to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Unemployment Office

  1. retired military and retired from IBM. have own hp laptop and own hp printer
    looking for part time work from home.

  2. Hello,my name is Barry Major;I’m a veteran with a 25 year work history and I’m looking for work: ASAP.

Leave a reply