Q) Im looking for answers to my problem. Im currently working for a company that continues to treat me with disrespect and am being harassed I have been with this company two years and this is an almost daily occurrence Im a hard worker and don’t cause any Problems my Co workers like the way I work and say Im a hard worker.but my supervisor says differently to the owner and constantly puts me down today Tuesday may 6th I was cussed out by my supervisor and this is an almost daily deal in front of employees and other businesses and pedestrians I was told I was a (stupid ignorant son of a b) in front of employees for no apparent reason. I can’t take it anymore to be in this kind of work environment but the only reason I havnt quit because I have alot of bills that have to be paid.Im unable to make it to any job interviews because they want a doctors note or a medical excuse for any absences I work 6am to 5pm Monday thru Friday and can’t make the time to go out and find another job while working at this company I was hoping you could give me some advice on what to do
and how to handle the situation i have already talked to the owner about it once before about another supervisor that is doing the same thing when I was on his crew as well and he went and told the supervisor what I said and I was then called a name as well
A) If you are being harasses and bullied at work you need to take action:
- Tell the person who is harassing you to stop.
- If the harassment continues make a record of each harassment including date, what was said by who and witnesses.
- Report the harassment to your manager
- Always keep calm and do not retaliate
- Set up a meeting with supervise and person harassing you. Share the record of your harassment and ask that it stops.
- If harassment continues take complaint to higher management.
- If Harassment Continues report to your state department of Labor or get legal counsel.