Find your local unemployment office here! Not a government website

Can I file for unemployment allowance from my First Employer now

unemployed_personQ) I worked at my first job from Sept 2013 to Jan 2014. I was fired from my first hourly job at the end of January 2014. I, then got another job in mid February 2014. I worked at that job till end of April 2014. I am currently unemployed. Can I file for unemployment allowance from my First Employer now?

A) You will need to talk with your local unemployment office regarding your eligibility for unemployment benefits as each state administrate their unemployment insurance benefit program differently. Usually If the individual was discharged or terminated, the local unemployment office will conduct a telephone interview with the individual and the employer after the claim is filed to determine whether or not the individual is eligible for UI benefits, according to state laws and regulations.

State laws provides that individuals who are discharged or terminated may be eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits provided that specific criteria are met. The unemployment office staff will determine on a case-by-case basis, whether the facts presented for the discharge or termination meet the criteria according to your state law. Individuals must also meet all other eligibility requirements before UI benefits are paid.

Leave a reply

690 Responses to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Unemployment Office

  1. Please call Colorado unemployment office to follow up with your inquiries ; Automated system: 303-813-2800 or Toll-Free 1-888-550-2800
    Live support: 303-536-5615

  2. I need to talk to a lady named Mrs. Branch is the Mason County office! Have been calling for days now.

Leave a reply