Q) I live in Marion county. I have worked 3 states in last 18 months, NH, NM, NY, but not fl. I was layed off at all three, latest being 2/25/15. How to file a combined wage from the Ocala office? Thanks. Ellis.
A) Hi Ellis,
To file a combined wage claim from the Ocala office, you will need to do the following:
- Gather your documentation. This includes your W-2 forms from all three states, your proof of layoff, and your proof of residency in Marion County.
- Complete the application for unemployment benefits. You can find this application on the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity website.
- Mail or fax your application to the Ocala office. The address is:
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity 1215 SW 5th Avenue Ocala, FL 34471
Fax: (352) 622-7090
- Be sure to include all of your documentation with your application.
Once you have submitted your application, the Ocala office will review your claim and determine if you are eligible for benefits. If you are approved, you will receive a weekly benefit payment. The amount of your benefit payment will depend on your earnings and your family size.
You can find more information about filing a combined wage claim on the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity website.
Here are some additional tips for filing a successful unemployment benefits claim:
- Be sure to file your claim as soon as possible after you are laid off. The sooner you file, the sooner you will start receiving benefits.
- Be honest and accurate on your application. Any misrepresentation of facts could result in a denial of your claim.
- Keep copies of all of your documentation. This will help to support your claim if there are any questions.
- Be patient. It can take several weeks to process a claim.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.