Q) My fiance is in custody and he is assigning me as his financial power of attorney. He is behind on his child support and needs to collect unemployment so he can pay his bills a d catch up on the support. He was recently try laid off and was told he can file in July. With the POA am I able to file on g is behalf and pay his child support and other financial responsibility?
A) Your fiance would not be qualified for unemployment benefits as he would not meet unemployment eligibility requirements.
General requirement for unemployment insurance benefits:
- Have received enough wages during the base period to establish a claim.
- Be totally or partially unemployed.
- Be unemployed through no fault of his/her own.
- Be physically able to work.
- Be available for work which means to be ready and willing to immediately accept work.
- Be actively looking for work.
- Meet eligibility requirements each week benefits are claimed.
- Be approved for training before training benefits can be paid.