What do I need to bring to file for unemployment
November 19, 2013
Q) What do I need to bring to file for unemployment
A) The specific requirements for filing for unemployment benefits can vary depending on the state or country where you live. However, here are some common items you may need to have with you:
- Personal identification: You will need to prove your identity, so bring a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Social Security number: You will need to provide your Social Security number or equivalent identification number.
- Employment history: You may be asked to provide information about your past employment, including the names and addresses of your former employers, the dates you worked, and your reasons for leaving.
- Bank information: If you want to have your unemployment benefits directly deposited into your bank account, you will need to provide your bank account and routing numbers.
- Contact information: You will need to provide a valid mailing address and phone number where you can be reached.
- Proof of eligibility: Depending on the requirements in your state or country, you may need to provide proof that you are eligible for unemployment benefits, such as proof of job loss or reduction in hours.
It’s a good idea to check with your local unemployment office or visit their website to see what specific documents you will need to bring with you when filing for unemployment benefits.
Typical information needed to file for Unemployment Insurance benefits:
- Your Social Security Number
- The name, mailing address, and phone number of your last employer
- The last day you worked
- If you worked outside of State within the last 18 months, you will also need the names and dates worked for those employers.
Note: Please Visit your state unemployment website to see if additional information is needed.
I need to file unimployment claim, got hurt havnt worked for 3 months unable to get thru on the phone please call me at 619-436-**** Estela Alba 3*** bo**** ave, San Diego, CA. 92113 or send my an applycation, or office infor where I can apply, Thanks Estela
Please visit your State Unemployment Website for which you may be able to apply for benefits online.