My unemployment cover until December 2013, should I file an extension

unemployed_personQ) Hi. I applied for unemployment and I my claim was approved from June 2013 through June 2014. There is only money to cover until December 2013. Will I automatically start drawing on a different time period? Or do I need to take some sort of action like open a different claim or file an extension. I have contacted EDD 4 times without a response.

A) Once your current period is exhausted you should report to your local unemployment office (or visit your state website if possible) and file a claim for an extension of benefits if you are still unemployed.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *