Marshalltown IA Unemployment Career Center Office
Where is the Marshalltown IA Unemployment Career Center Office located?
IOWAWORKS CENTER – MARSHALLTOWN
Please visit the IowaWORKS Center in Marshalltown at its new location effective Monday, April 1:
Southgate Plaza – 101 Iowa Avenue West, Suite 200
Marshalltown, IA 50158
E-mail: MarshalltownIowaWORKS@iwd.iowa.gov(link sends e-mail)
|Monday||8:30 am to 4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am to 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am to 4:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am to 4:30 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am to 4:30 pm|
Marshalltown IA Unemployment Career Center Office – IowaWORKS Centers provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
What’s required for me to be qualified for IA Unemployment insurance benefits?
To be eligible for Iowa UI benefits you must:
- Be totally or partially unemployed
- Have worked and earned a minimum amount of wages
- Have lost your job through no fault of your own
- Be able and available for work
- Verify your identity
- Be actively seeking work
- Be registered for work
What information do I need to file for Iowa Unemployment Benefits?
To get UI benefits Iowa Work Force Development will need:
- Your social security number, name and address.
- Information on your last employer.
- The start and end dates of your last job.
- Information vacation pay, severance, etc. if you received.
- Your alien registration number if not a U.S. citizen.
- DD-214 (Member 4) if you served in the U.S. military.
- Verification of your identity.
- Standard Form 8 (SF-8) if worked for the federal government.
- Your dependent information.
How soon should I file for Iowa Unemployment Benefits?
- You should file your claim for benefits the same week you become unemployed or your hours reduced.
How do I apply for Iowa unemployment insurance benefits?
You can file for Iowa UI benefits online or visit a IowaWORKS Center location and apply.
- You must register for work when you apply for Unemployment Insurance
- You must complete your registration using the IowaWORKS website.
- You must log in and complete all questions.
- You must make your résumé available online for employers.
How long will it take to start getting Iowa unemployment benefits after I file?
- It will take several weeks to process your application and start getting UI benefits.
- You will need to file a weekly claim online to receive benefits.
- If you have an appeal pending you still need to file your claim weekly.
- You need to log your work search employer contacts weekly.
Can I get help online while filing for me Iowa Unemployment benefits?
- Yes! Visit Iowa Work Force Development online help portal at request help.
Will Iowa Work Force Development help me find a job while getting Unemployment Benefits?
- Yes! you can visit IowaWorks website, search available jobs and apply.
- You can set up your account and customized your job search
- You can find skills development classes, workshops and job fairs near you.
- You can get assistance in writing your resume.
- You can explore new careers
How Do I Contact Iowa Work Force Development?
Iowa Work Force Development UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE BENEFITS
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
Website Unemployment Insurance contact page.
Unemployment Insurance Customer Service Hours: (excluding state holidays)
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Tuesday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Wednesday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Thursday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Friday