What’s required for me to be qualified for IA Unemployment insurance benefits?
To be eligible for Iowa UI benefits you must:
- Be totally or partially unemployed
- Have worked and earned a minimum amount of wages
- Have lost your job through no fault of your own
- Be able and available for work
- Verify your identity
- Be actively seeking work
- Be registered for work
What information do I need to file for Iowa Unemployment Benefits?
To get UI benefits Iowa Work Force Development will need:
- Your social security number, name and address.
- Information on your last employer.
- The start and end dates of your last job.
- Information vacation pay, severance, etc. if you received.
- Your alien registration number if not a U.S. citizen.
- DD-214 (Member 4) if you served in the U.S. military.
- Verification of your identity.
- Standard Form 8 (SF-8) if worked for the federal government.
- Your dependent information.
How soon should I file for Iowa Unemployment Benefits?
- You should file your claim for benefits the same week you become unemployed or your hours reduced.
How do I apply for Iowa unemployment insurance benefits?
You can file for Iowa UI benefits online or visit a IowaWORKS Center location and apply.
- You must register for work when you apply for Unemployment Insurance
- You must complete your registration using the IowaWORKS website.
- You must log in and complete all questions.
- You must make your résumé available online for employers.
How long will it take to start getting Iowa unemployment benefits after I file?
- It will take several weeks to process your application and start getting UI benefits.
- You will need to file a weekly claim online to receive benefits.
- If you have an appeal pending you still need to file your claim weekly.
- You need to log your work search employer contacts weekly.
Can I get help online while filing for me Iowa Unemployment benefits?
Will Iowa Work Force Development help me find a job while getting Unemployment Benefits?
- Yes! you can visit IowaWorks website, search available jobs and apply.
- You can set up your account and customized your job search
- You can find skills development classes, workshops and job fairs near you.
- You can get assistance in writing your resume.
- You can explore new careers
How Do I Contact Iowa Work Force Development?
Iowa Work Force Development UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE BENEFITS
Email: email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
Website Unemployment Insurance contact page.
Unemployment Insurance Customer Service Hours: (excluding state holidays)
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Tuesday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Wednesday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Thursday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Friday