Q) I was in car wreck may 12 not my fault I was out 22 days I pass dot phisical and returned as driver no problem at all I am under Dr care for my back which they are well aware of today they fired me because I can’t unload truck .Can I get any help
A) I am sorry to hear that you were in a car accident and that you were fired from your job. It sounds like you are going through a tough time.
It is possible that you may be able to get help from the following organizations:
- Your state’s unemployment office: The unemployment office can help you file for unemployment benefits and can also provide you with job search assistance.
- Your state’s labor department: The labor department can help you file a complaint against your employer if you believe you were wrongfully fired.
- A legal aid organization: A legal aid organization can provide you with free or low-cost legal assistance.
You may also want to consider contacting your employer and asking for a second chance. If you are able to show your employer that you are still able to do your job, they may be willing to rehire you.
You may qualify for social security disability.
Medical Conditions to qualify for Social Security Disability
- musculoskeletal problems, such as back injuries
- cardiovascular conditions, such as heart failure or coronary artery disease
- senses and speech issues, such as vision and hearing loss
- respiratory illnesses, such as COPD or asthma
- neurological disorders, such as multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s disease, and epilepsy
- mental disorders, such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, autism, or retardation
- immune system disorders, such as HIV/AIDS, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis
- various syndromes, such as Sjogren’s Syndrome and Marfan Syndrome
- skin disorders, such as dermatitis
- digestive tract problems, such as liver disease or IBD
- kidney disease and genitourinary problems, and
- hematological disorders, such as hemolytic anemias and disorders of bone marrow failure