A) Yes, it is possible that your unemployment benefits will be affected if you are unable to complete the ID.me verification process. The EDD requires that you verify your identity in order to receive benefits, and if you are unable to do so, your claim may be delayed or denied.
Here are some things you can do to try to resolve the issue with the pop-ups:
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies. This will help to remove any outdated or corrupted files that may be causing the pop-ups.
- Try using a different browser or device. If you are using a popular browser like Chrome or Firefox, try using a different one like Edge or Safari. You can also try using a different device, such as a smartphone or tablet.
- Contact ID.me customer support for help. ID.me’s customer support team may be able to help you resolve the issue with the pop-ups.
If you are still unable to complete the verification process, you can try calling the EDD at 1-800-300-5616. They may be able to help you verify your identity over the phone.
However, it is important to note that the EDD is currently experiencing a high volume of calls, so it may take some time to get through to a representative.
If you are unable to receive benefits for three weeks, you may be able to request back pay. However, you will need to provide documentation that shows that you were unable to complete the verification process due to technical difficulties.
Here are some tips for requesting back pay:
- Be sure to keep copies of all of your correspondence with the EDD.
- Document all of the steps you took to try to resolve the issue with the pop-ups.
- Be clear and concise in your request.
- Be patient. It may take some time for the EDD to process your request.
I hope this helps!