A) Here are the steps on how to apply for UT unemployment:
- Go to the Utah Department of Workforce Services website: https://jobs.utah.gov/
- Click on the “Unemployment Insurance Benefits” tab.
- Click on the “File a Claim” button.
- You will need to create an account or sign in to your existing account.
- You will need to provide your personal information, including your name, Social Security number, and date of birth.
- You will need to provide information about your employment, including your employer’s name, the date you started working, and the date you stopped working.
- You will need to answer a series of questions about why you are unemployed.
- You will need to certify that you are available for work and that you are actively looking for work.
- Once you have submitted your claim, you will be able to track the status of your claim online.
Here are some additional information about UT unemployment benefits:
- You are eligible for benefits if you have lost your job through no fault of your own and you have earned enough wages in the past year.
- The amount of benefits you receive will depend on your earnings and your family size.
- You can receive benefits for up to 26 weeks.
If you have any questions about applying for UT unemployment, you can contact the Utah Department of Workforce Services at 801-526-4400.