I need a hip replacement, will be out of work for 3 months.

Q) I am a Florida resident, with the same company Naples Transportation and Tours as a chauffeur for more then 4 years. I need a total hip replacement and I will be out of work for at least 3 months. Is there any compensation that I could apply for to help with my situation? Thank you.

A) Whether you qualify for unemployment benefits during your recovery period will depend on several factors, including the state you live in and the reason for your absence from work. Generally, to be eligible for unemployment benefits, you must be able and available to work, actively seeking work, and meet any other eligibility requirements specific to your state’s unemployment program.

However, some states may allow individuals to collect unemployment benefits during periods of temporary disability or illness, which could include recovery from a hip replacement surgery. It’s important to check with your state’s unemployment office to determine if you qualify for benefits and what the specific eligibility requirements are in your state.

In general you would not qualify for unemployment benefits however you may qualify for short-term disability benefits.

Short-Term Disability Benefits: Employer-provided short-term disability (STD) insurance pays a percentage of an employee’s salary for a specified amount of time, if they fall ill or get injured, and cannot perform the duties of their job.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *