I have been on unemployment till my bye date in August, I was filing for the 13 week federal extension
Q) I have been on unemployment till my bye date in August so I called Frankfort when my regular benefits were expired I was filing for the 13 week federal extension but the helper on the hot line said to reapply for full benefits so I file every week with no payment or even a reason why. It says it is under investigation can someone help me with this problem I have not received a check since my last bye date 08/08/20 my family needs help and answers.
A) I understand that you’re facing difficulties with your unemployment benefits, and it must be frustrating not receiving any payments or clear reasons for the delay. While I can provide some general guidance, it’s important to note that I am an AI language model and cannot directly access or resolve specific issues with government agencies. However, I can offer some suggestions on what you can do to address the problem:
- Contact your local unemployment office: Reach out to the unemployment office in your state to inquire about the status of your claim. They have access to your specific information and can provide you with updates regarding your benefits. They may also be able to explain the reasons behind the investigation and offer guidance on how to resolve the issue.
- Document your attempts to resolve the problem: Keep a record of all your interactions with the unemployment office, including the dates, times, and names of the individuals you spoke with. This documentation will be useful if you need to escalate your case or provide evidence in the future.
- Seek assistance from your state representative or senator: Consider reaching out to your local state representative or senator to seek assistance with your unemployment claim. They can potentially advocate on your behalf and help expedite the resolution of your case. You can find their contact information on your state government’s website.
- Explore legal assistance: If your attempts to resolve the issue through regular channels have been unsuccessful, you may want to consult with a legal professional who specializes in employment law or benefits. They can evaluate your situation and provide guidance on the best course of action.
- Stay informed and follow up: Regularly check for updates on your claim through online portals or by contacting the unemployment office. Persistence and proactive communication can help ensure that your case receives the attention it deserves.
Remember, each state may have different processes and systems in place for handling unemployment claims, so it’s crucial to consult with the appropriate local authorities and professionals who can provide specific guidance tailored to your situation.
I wish you the best of luck in resolving your unemployment benefits issue and getting the assistance you need for your family.