i cant file a new claim it, says my claim not authorized to claim weekly benefits.
Q) I filed unemployment on July 19th i cant file a new claim it always says processing my claim says I’m not authorized to claim weekly benefits. when i try to check i get told social does not match my file. I have called a million times left several messages since July 19th no response yet I’ve even called and talked to some one on the phone 4 times and after they enter my info in the computer they tell me some one will be contacting me and 8 months later still no one has called.
A) If you are unable to claim weekly benefits for your unemployment claim, it could be due to several reasons. Here are some possible reasons and what you can do:
- Your claim has not been approved yet: If your claim has not been approved yet, you may not be able to claim weekly benefits until it is approved. Check the status of your claim and contact your state’s unemployment office to see if there are any issues that need to be resolved.
- Your claim has been denied: If your claim has been denied, you will not be able to claim weekly benefits. Check the reason for the denial and file an appeal if you believe you were wrongfully denied.
- Your benefits have been exhausted: If you have already received the maximum amount of benefits allowed for your claim, you will not be able to claim any more benefits.
- Your claim has been inactive for too long: If you have not claimed benefits for a certain period of time, your claim may become inactive. You will need to reactivate your claim before you can claim benefits again.
- You have returned to work: If you have returned to work, you may not be eligible for further benefits.
If none of these situations apply to you and you are still unable to claim weekly benefits, contact your state’s unemployment office to get more information and find out what you need to do to claim your benefits.
Seeing that you have tried multiple times to reach your local unemployment office by phone and you also have not had success online in processing you claim, its best now to visit you local unemployment office and speak with a claims manager.