I have never collected unemployment But don’t know how to file from NY

unemployed_personQ) I worked on LI 28 yrs ago for about 15yrs. Relocated to NC where I continued to work in the same field. for about 26yrs. I left NC + a position I held for 12yrs. to come back to NY to help care for my aging mother. I have been applying + looking for full time employment with no success accept as a substitute RN for AHRC + Bayport-_Bluepoint school district. To no avail I have not been called. The weather has not helped. I have no health insurance + have run out of money to live. I have never collected unemployment But don’t know how to file from NY or NC. Please advise.

A) You will need to file for unemployment benefits in the state where you most recently worked, which in this case would be New York since you left your job in North Carolina to care for your mother there. You can apply for unemployment benefits online through the New York State Department of Labor website or by calling their phone number. When you file your claim, you will need to provide information about your work history and any income you may have earned during the period for which you are seeking benefits. You may also be required to provide documentation to support your claim, such as pay stubs or tax records. If you have any questions or need assistance with the application process, you can contact the New York State Department of Labor for further guidance.

According to New York Department of Labor Website, If you live in New York State, but all your work in the past 18 months was in another state (NC + a position I held for 12yrs.), file your unemployment Insurance claim with the state where you worked. See details and filing instructions in other states.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *