Drive 2 hours to get to work for 12 dollars a day, cant afford to get to work

Unemployment-QuestionQ) Ive been worikg for a dental corp since april of 2014. Ive been jumping around office to office whenever someone needs help. I was hirred part time and ive been wprking everyday.found out from a manager that i am getting under paid and company cannot help me with gas. I drive 2 hours to get to work for 12 dollars a day and im at the point that i cant afford to make it to work

A) You are obviously being under paid. You may want to file a wage complaint at your state department of labor.

FairPay — Filing a Complaint for Back Wages Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Who Can File a Complaint?

Any nonexempt employee covered by the FLSA who believes that he or she has not been paid the required federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009, or overtime (1½ times the regular rate of pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a work week) may file a complaint with the Wage and Hour Division (WHD) of the U.S. Department of Labor.

Where Can a Complaint be Filed?
A complaint may be filed by mail or in person at any WHD District Office.
When Should a Complaint be Filed?

The FLSA contains a two-year statute of limitations (three-years for willful violations). This means that any part of a back wage claim which was earned more than two years before a federal court lawsuit is filed may not be collectible.
Accordingly, to ensure WHD can complete its investigation before the statute of limitation expires, employees should file complaints with WHD as soon as the violation occurs but no later than 18 months after the violation occurred.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *