Martinsburg WV Unemployment Career Center Office
WorkForce Career Center – Martinsburg WV
200 Viking Way
Martinsburg, WV 25401
Phone: (304) 267-0065
Fax: (304) 267-0071
Referrals to job opportunities
Resume writing services
Labor market information
Martinsburg WV Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
How do I qualify to get Unemployment insurance benefits in West Virginia?
To qualify for WV UI benefits you must:
- Be unemployed through no fault of your own.
- Have West Virginia wages during the past 12 to 18 months.
- Have earned a minimum wage amount determined by WV guidelines.
- Be able to work and available for work each week collecting UI benefits.
- If you are unsure that you qualify, you should still apply.
What information do I need to provide when applying for WV Unemployment insurance benefits?
To file for WV UI benefits You may be asked to provide:
- Your Social Security card
- A photo ID (such as a valid driver’s license)
- Work status if not a citizen
- If you were in the Military: DD-214 form, the number four (4) copy
- For Federal government: SF-8 form (separation notice)
- For Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): SF-8 form and SF-50 form.
How do I file my WV Unemployment Insurance benefit claim?
- You can file online by clicking https://uc.workforcewv.org/Consumer/Login.aspx?app=cc
- Or by calling 1-800-379-1032
How much money can I get in Unemployment Insurance benefits in WV?
- You can click on https://uc.workforcewv.org/Consumer/Login.aspx?app=el to get an estimate of your weekly benefit amount.
- The maximum benefit you can receive is $424 per week for up to 26 weeks.
How do I file an appeal if I am denied UI benefits in WV?
You always have a right to file an appeal if you are denied UI benefits. Your appeal must be filed with the local office within eight (8) calendar days from the initial Deputy decisions.
Written appeals can be mailed to:
- Unemployment Compensation Board of Review
1900 Kanawha Boulevard East
Building 3, Suite 300
Charleston, WV 25305
- Or faxed to 304-558-1363
- For your review status call 304-558-2636 or 800-635-0189
What services does WV have to help me find a job while on Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
WORKFORCE West Virginia has many local career centers that provides many employment services such as:
- Job Seeker Services
- Referrals to job opportunities
- Resume writing services
- Career counseling
- Job Fairs
- Training/education resources
- Unemployment compensation services
- Labor market information
- Veterans Services
- Dislocated Workers Services
- Labor Market Information
How do I contact West Virginis Unemployment Benefit and Claims Department?
For Claims information call 1-800-252-5627
For WV Relay 711
need to register my business