Winchester VA Unemployment Career Center Office
Workforce Development Center – Winchester VA
|419 N. Cameron St.|
Valley Workforce Center
Winchester, VA 22601
Map on Google / Bing
Phone: (540) 722-3415
Fax: (540) 722-3418
Hours of Operation
9 AM to 4 PM. Closed 12pm – 1pm for lunch.
Virtual Career Fair
Employment and training services
Unemployment Insurance assistance
Job Service Registration
Job Fairs job referral, job training
Job placement assistance
Winchester VA Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interviews.
How do I qualify for UI benefits in Virginia?
You can file a claim for Virginia UI Benefits if:
- You worked in Virginia during the last 18 months.
- You worked as a federal worker overseas and currently live in Virginia.
- You worked as a federal worker in another state and worked in Virginia for at least one day after your federal employment and currently reside in Virginia.
- You were in the military, and you live in Virginia at the time of your filing.
What information do I need to file my Unemployment Insurance benefit claim in VA.
To file your VA UI benefit claim you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- The Name(s), Address(es), telephone number(s), and dates of employment within the last 18 months
- FOR Union Workers, a local union hall, name and union number
- For Non-US Citizen, your Alien Registration number
- Your method of payment: VA Debit Card or Direct Deposit.
- For Direct Deposit you your bank Routing number and Account number
How do I apply for VA Unemployment Insurance benefits?
You can Apply Now Online:
To Apply by Phone:
- Call the Customer Contact Center at 1-866-832-2363, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday –Friday.
- To communicate by TTY call Virginia Relay Center by dialing 711 or 800-828-1140
What is the Maximum UI benefits I can get in VA?
- The maximum weekly UI benefits you can receive in VA is $378.
- You may receive benefits for a maximum of 26 weeks.
What help can I get to find a job while on Virginia UI benefits?
Virginia Employment Commission has many local Workforce Development Center that provides services such as:
- Virtual Career Fairs
- Employment and training services
- Unemployment Insurance assistance service
- Register for Job Services
- Job Fairs, job referral and job training
- Job placement assistance
- Veteran & Military Spouse Virtual Career Fair
- Job Referrals for Seniors
- Military Job Fairs
How do I contact Virginia Employment Commission?
General Inquiry: 866-832-2363
8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday – Friday (closed Saturday, Sunday and state holidays)
For TTY Callers: Virginia Relay, call 711 or 800-828-1140
Virginia Employment Commission Central Office
6606 West Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23230
P.O. Box 26441
Richmond, VA 23261-644