To receive benefits you must meet each of the following:
Monetary qualification: Based on the wages earned during the regular base period, this determination will indicate the benefit amount you qualify for each week and the number of weeks you may receive benefits.
Separation qualification: If you are separated for any reason other than lack of work, it will be necessary to gather facts from you and your employer concerning your separation.
Weekly eligibility requirements: To receive a payment for benefits, you must file a weekly request for each week you wish to claim. You must meet the weekly eligibility requirements. read moreRequirements to receive Virginia unemployment insurance Benefits:
In order to receive benefits, you must meet the following requirements during each week claimed (your meeting these requirements is subject to verification):
- Be unemployed.
- File your application for benefits.
- Meet monetary eligibility requirements.
- Report all work (including temporary, part time and self-employment) and money as it is earned.
- Be able to work and available for work with no undue restrictions on your availability for work.
- Register for work through the VEC Workforce Connection website at www.VAWC.Virginia.gov.
- Make an active search for work each week.
- Report all refusals of job offers.
- File your Weekly Request for Payment of Benefits in a timely manner.