Brattleboro VT Unemployment Career Center Office
Affiliate American Job Center – Brattleboro, VT
28 Vernon Street, Suite 212
Brattleboro, Vermont 05301
Phone: (802) 254-4555
|In Person Services (Walk-in & By Appointment):|
Monday- Thursday 9am-12pm; 1pm-4:30pm
Fridays 9am-12pm; 1pm-4:30pm and By Appointment
Brattleboro VT Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
How do I qualify for Vermont Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
To qualify for VT UI benefits:
- You must have lost your job through no fault of your own
- Or had your weekly work hours reduced
- You must be Able and Available for Work
- You must be willing to accept Suitable Work
- You must Report all Wages When Filing your Weekly Claim
What information do I need to file my Unemployment Insurance Benefit claim in Vermont?
To file your UI benefit claim in Vermont you will need:
- Social Security Number
- Mailing and Home Addresses
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Alien Registration Number (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Any separation pay you received including vacation pay, severance pay, etc.
- Return to work date if expected to be recalled
- Valid Driver’s License Number or state issued ID
- Banking information for Direct Deposit
- Military Form DD-214, Member 4 Copy if you were in the military in the past 18 months.
- Form SF-8 if you worked for the Federal Government during the past 18 months.
For each employer that you worked for in the past 18 months
- Complete name and address
- Payroll address if different from employer address
- Employer telephone number
- Beginning and ending dates of employment
- Reason for separation
How do I File my Unemployment Insurance Claim in Vermont?
Filing for Unemployment Insurance is a two step process:
- Contact the UI Claims line at 1-877-214-3330 to open your claim.
- File a “weekly claim certification” for each “week” in which you want to
receive a benefit
You can File your Weekly Claim Certifications online at www.labor.vermont.gov
To file your Weekly Claim Certifications by Phone, Call 1-800-983-2300
What is the maximum UI benefit I can get in Vermont?
- The current maximum weekly benefit you can receive is $531
- You can receive UI benefits for a maximum of 26 weeks and extended benefits for another 13 weeks.
What services are available to me in Vermont to help me find a job while on UI benefits?
Vermont Department of Labor’s regional Job Centers provides virtual and in-person career services such as:
- Skill Assessment
- Job Search Assistance
- Interviewing Skills enhancement
- Career exploration
- Workshops, including Resume Development
- Career Assessments and Job Coaching
- Referrals to potential employers
- Access to Hiring Events, Job Fairs, Recruitment Events
- Occupational and Labor Market Information
- Computer, Internet, Fax, and Photocopier usage
- Counseling and consultation
- Virtual connection services
- Local career specialists
- Specialized counselors
- Job match services
- Virtual or in-person appointments,
- Local walk-in consultations
- Priority of Services for Veterans
- Apprenticeship and other Job Training Opportunities
How do I contact Vermont Department of Labor?
Vermont Department of Labor
5 Green Mountain Drive
P.O. Box 488
Phone: (802) 828-4000
Fax: (802) 828-4046
Establish an Initial Claim: 1-877-214-3330 or 1-888-807-7072 (8:00am Monday – 4:30pm Friday)
File Weekly Claim: 1-800-983-2300 (Automated – Sunday: 24 hours / Monday – Friday: 5:00am-4:30pm)
Claimant Assistance: 1-877-214-3332 (Monday-Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm / Closed from Saturday – Sunday)
Supplemental Assistance Line: 1-888-807-7072 (Monday-Friday: 8:15am – 4:30pm / Saturday-Sunday: Closed)
For TTY Customer Service Representative, call: 1-800-650-4152