Kanab UT Unemployment Career Center Office
Department of Workforce Services – Kanab, UT
|468 East 300 South |
Kanab, UT 84741
Toll-Free Phone: 1-866-435-7414
Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Job search assistance
job preparation assistance
On-site recruiting & Hiring events
Veterans’ employment assistance
Employment training programs
Kanab UT Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
How do I qualify for Unemployment Insurance Benefits in Utah?
To qualify for UI benefits you must:
- Have qualifying wages.
- Be unemployed through no fault of their own.
- Be able and available to work full-time.
- Be actively seeking full-time work.
- Have earned a minimum of $4,500 during your “base period.”
What information do I need to provide when applying for Utah UI benefits?
To file your UT UI benefits you must provide:
- Your Social Security Number
- The names and dates worked of all your employers as stated on your pay stubs,
- The name and local number if work through a union
- Your State Driver’s License or ID Card number
- Your Alien Registration Number, if not a U.S. citizen and authorized to work
- Your accurate mailing address and phone number
How do I apply for UI benefits in Utah?
- The quickest way to apply for UT UI benefits is to Apply Online on UT Workforce Services website.
- You can also call toll-free at 1-877-313-4717
- Utah County: (801) 375-4067
- Weber and North Davis Counties: (801) 612-0877
- Salt Lake County: (801) 526-4400
- Balance of state or out of state, Toll Free: 1-888-848-0688
- You can also Fax your UI documents at (801) 526-9500
What is the maximum UT Unemployment Insurance befit I can get?
- The maximum weekly UI benefit you can qualify for is $661.
- You can get from 10 to 26 weeks in UI benefits.
My claim for Utah UI benefit was denied, what do I do now?
You always have the right to appeal the denial of your UI benefit, or the amount of benefit approved. Your written appeal must include:
- Your Name
- Your mailing address
- Your Social Security Number
- Date of your appeal
- The reason you are appealing
- Your Signature
You can submit your appeal:
- Online on UT department Of Workforce Website
- Or Fax to: (801) 526-9500 or toll-free 1-877-313-4717
- Or Mail to: Centralized Imaging Unit (CIU)
P.O. Box 143245
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-3245
What services can I get to help me find a job while on UI benefits in Utah?
Utah Department of Employment Services provides services such as:
- Job search and job preparation assistance
- On-site recruiting and hiring events
- Training Workshops
- Career exploration and coaching
- Veterans’ employment assistance
- Adult and youth employment and training programs
- Vocational Rehabilitation services
- Counseling and guidance
- Training and education
- Disability treatment and assistive technology
- Job placement, coaching and other support services for work
- Pre-employment transition services for students
How do I contact Utah Department of Employment Services?
Utah Department of Workforce Services
P.O. Box 45249
Salt Lake City, UT 84145-0249
Individuals with disabilities Call (801) 526-9240
Speech impairments call Relay Utah by dialing 711
Spanish Relay Call Utah: 1-888-346-3162