Goodwill Job Connection – Boiling Springs SC

Goodwill Job Connection – Boiling Springs
3585 Boiling Springs Rd
Boiling Springs, SC 29316
Phone: (864) 578-5774
Connection Point Services:
Free access to computers
Tools to guide jobseekers
Call ahead before visiting

How do I qualify for UI benefits in South Carolina?

To qualify for SC UI benefits you must be: 

  • Unemployed through no fault of your own
  • Or your work hours have been reduced
  • Able to work and willing to accept suitable work
  • Actively searching for work while getting UI benefits
  • Report all earned income during your claim week.
  • Complete at least two weekly job searches on SC Works portal 

What is the Maximum Unemployment Insurance benefit I can get in SC?

  • The minimum UI benefit you can get in SC is $42 a week with a maximum of $326 per week. 
  • The maximum weeks you can receive SC UI benefits is 20 weeks.
  • If you exhaust your maximum benefits, you must wait until the end of the benefit year to file a new claim. 

What information do I need to file my UI benefit in SC?

To file for SC UI benefits you will need: 

  • Your Social Security number.
  • Your work history for the past 18 months with salary and employer information
  • For non-U.S. citizen, your alien registration number and documentation.
  • For military service in the past 18 months, DD-214 Form (Member 4 copy).
  • For federal civilian employee, SF-50 (PDF) or SF-8 (PDF) Form.

How do I file my South Carolina UI benefit claim?

  • The easiest way to file your SC UI benefit claim is to file online 
  • You can also call 1-866-831-1724 | Relay 711 for assistance.

What services are available to help me find a job in SC while on UI benefits?

SC Works has many local job source career centers that will prepare you for the job market. Services such as:

  • Access to Computers to do job search
  • Local Career Counceller’s
  • Job referral services
  • Resume-writing assistance
  • Testing and job training programs

How do I file an appeal if I am denied UI benefits in SC?

  • You can file an appeal by completing a Notice of Appeal to the Appeal Tribunal Form
  • Or write an appeal letter detailing your disagreement of the determination. 
  • Your appeal must be filed within 10 calendar days of the mailing date of the determination

How do I contact South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce

SC Department of Employment and Workforce
1550 Gadsden Street
P.O. Box 995
Columbia, SC 29202

Phone: 1-866-831-1724 | Relay 711

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *