Woonsocket RI Unemployment Career Center Office
|Woonsocket Rhode Island’s Career Center|
219 Pond St.
Woonsocket, RI 02895
Phone: (401) 235-1201
Fax: (401) 235-1227
TTY via RI Relay: 711
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am-4:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am-4:00 pm
Interview Skills and Techniques
Job Search Assistance
Information on training opportunities
Woonsocket RI Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
What information do I need to file my RI unemployment Insurance Benefit claim?
The information needed to file your RI UI Benefit claim must include:
- Your Name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Home address (if different from mailing address)
- Date of birth
- Social Security number (SSN)
- State you worked in most recently
- Driver’s license number or state-issued identification number
- If not a US Citizen: Alien Verification Number
- All dependent children’s names, social security numbers and dates of birth
- Employment history with rate of pay and income from each employer
- If you were in military service; (DD214 member copy 4)
- If you were a federal civilian employee; (SF8 and SF50)
How do I file my claim for UI benefits in Rhode Island?
- The easiest way to apply for your UI benefits is online on the STATE OF RHODE ISLAND DLT website,
- OR File by Phone at (401) 415-6772
What is the maximum UI benefit I can get in RI?
- As of 7/1/2022, the minimum RI UI weekly benefit is $62, and maximum is $680.
- The maximum weeks you can receive UI benefits is 26 weeks.
What do I do next after filing for my Rhode Island UI Benefits?
After filing your RI UI benefit claim you must:
- File your weekly claim online or by phone
- Apply for 3 full-time jobs per week
- You must be Able & Available for work
- Report all your gross earnings
- Notify the RI DLT if you receive Pension, Severance or Dismissal Pay
- Report to the RI DLT when called
Does Rhode Island have programs to help me find a job while getting UI benefits?
YES! RI DLT Career Centers provide one-on-one assistance services which includes:
- Resume Assistance
- Interview Skills and Techniques
- Job Search Assistance
- Career Planning
- Information on Hiring Events
- Information on Job Training Programs
- Information on Apprentice Programs
- Resources for Veterans
How do I file an appeal if I am denied RI UI benefits?
You can file your appeal by:
- Letter: Central Adjudication Unit of the Department of Labor and Training, 1511 Pontiac Avenue Cranston, RI 02920
- Phone: (401) 462-8300
- Fax: (401) 462-8318
How do I contact Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training?
Call Center: (401) 415-6772
Voice Relay 711
- Mon: 8am – 3pm
- Tues: 8am – 3pm
- Wed: 8am – 3pm
- Thurs: 8am -3pm
- Fri: 9am – 3pm
RI Department of Labor and Training
1511 Pontiac Ave
Cranston, RI 02920
TTY (Relay RI): 711