Fulton NY Unemployment Career Center Office
|Oswego Workforce New York|
COUNTIES SERVED: Oswego
200 N. 2nd Street
Fulton NY, 13069
PHONE (315) 591-9000
Fax: (315) 591-9047
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Parking: Private Lot
Find A Jobs
Unemployment Benefit Help
File Your First Claim Help
Certify for Benefits Help
Shared Work Program
Fulton NY Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interviews.
How do I qualify for NY unemployment insurance benefits?
To qualify for NY UI benefits you must:
- Have enough employment to establish a claim
- Have lost employment through no fault of your own
- Be ready, willing, and able to work and
- Be actively seeking work
- Have worked in New York State within the last 18 months
- Be authorized to work in the US and were authorized to work when you lost your job.
- You can File a claim even if you are uncertain
How much UI benefits can I get In NY
- You can use NY Benefit Calculator to estimate your UI benefits.
What documents do I need to apply for NY unemployment insurance benefits?
These are documents you need to apply for NY UI benefits:
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver license or Motor Vehicle ID card
- Your complete mailing address and zip code
- Your phone number
- Your Alien Registration card number (if you are not a US Citizen)
- Names and addresses of all your employers for the last 18 months.
- Your recent Employer Registration number or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
What is the best way to file my New York unemployment Insurance benefit claim?
- The best way to file a new claim for NY unemployment insurance is through their online filing system.
- Apply by phone by calling 888-209-8124
- Call the Telephone Claim Center at (888) 783-1370
- Certify your benefits weekly by calling 888-581-5812.
- If you are hearing-impaired Call the Telephone Claim Center at (888) 783-1370
- If you use Telephone Device for the Deaf (TTY/TDD) equipment call (800) 662-1220 and ask the operator to call the Telephone Claim Center at (888) 783-1370
- Call 311 and ask for New York State Unemployment Insurance assistance.
What is the Maximum UI benefit I can receive in New York?
- The current maximum weekly benefit rate in NY is $504.
- You can get up to 26 weeks of benefits while you are unemployed.
- Your benefit is calculated based your actual high calendar quarter.
Does NY help me to find a job while on UI benefits?
Yes! You can use NY State Job Bank to find employment.
- Create/Login to Your Account
- Job Seeker Desktop
- Post Your Resume
- New York State Career Centers
- Job Search Agents
- Career Planning Information
- Veteran Resources
- Unemployment Assistance
- Job Fairs and Recruitments
Are their additional help I can get while being unemployed in NY?
You can apply for additional help on Access NYC. Assistance can include:
- Cash & Expenses
- City ID Card
- Child Care
- Family Services
- Help for People with Disabilities
How do I contact NY Department of Labor?
Contact NY Department Of Labor
NYS Department of Labor
W.A. Harriman Campus
Albany, NY 12226
By Phone: (518) 457-9000 | (888) 4-NYSDOL (888-469-7365) | 711 TTY/TTD