Moved from out of state to accept a job in Ohio – got fired.

unemployed_personQ) My husband and I moved from out of state to accept a job in Ohio. After 7 weeks, we were terminated. Our work performance was not an issue; the reason we were terminated was ‘because we were not a cultural fit. Since we have not worked the 20 weeks to qualify for unemployment, we need to find out if we qualify for anything to help us through this. We lived and worked in Ohio for 25 years, then moved out of state nearly 6 years ago. Is there anything out there that can help us?

A) I understand that you and your husband were terminated from your jobs in Ohio after only 7 weeks. You were told that the reason for your termination was that you were not a cultural fit. You are looking for help to get through this difficult time.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. It is always difficult to be terminated from a job, especially when you have only been working there for a short period of time. It is also difficult to be told that you were not a cultural fit, as this can be a vague and subjective reason for termination.

I am not sure if there are any specific programs or benefits that can help you in your situation. However, there are a few things that you can do to get through this difficult time.

First, you should file for unemployment benefits. Even though you have only worked for 7 weeks, you may still be eligible for benefits. You can file for unemployment benefits online or by mail.

Second, you should contact your state’s department of job and family services. They may be able to provide you with additional resources or assistance.

Third, you should start looking for a new job. It may take some time to find a new job, but it is important to start looking as soon as possible. You can use online job boards, networking, or temp agencies to find a new job.

Fourth, you should contact your creditors and let them know about your situation. They may be able to work with you to create a payment plan that you can afford.

Fifth, you should consider getting help from a financial advisor. They can help you create a budget and make sure that you are using your money wisely.

Finally, you should remember that you are not alone. Many people go through job loss at some point in their lives. There are resources available to help you get through this difficult time.

You may look at applying for unemployment benefits as an out of state candidate. Go on your old state website and apply for unemployment benefits if you have worked the 20 weeks to qualify for unemployment in that state.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *