Maryland Unemployment Insurance provides benefits to persons who are unemployed through no fault of their own and who are ready, willing and able to work, and actively seeking work.
What are my Eligibility Requirement responsibilities as a claimant?
Whether you are just now filing for or are currently receiving Maryland unemployment insurance benefits, you must:
- Required to be able to work, available for work and you must make an active search for full-time work (unless defined by Unemployment Insurance as a part-time worker);
- Required report all wages earned each week;
- Required report all monies received by you (e.g., vacation pay, severance pay, pension payments, etc.);
- Required to be available and/or contact the Maryland Division of Unemployment Insurance when directed to do so;
- Report to the Maryland Division of Workforce Development when required to do so;
- Required accept suitable work as defined by law;
- File timely weekly claim certifications (request for payment). For more details see the question, “How often and when must I file weekly claim certifications (request for payment)?”
What you need to Apply For Maryland Unemployment Insurance Benefit
- Your Social Security Number and mailing address.
- A telephone number where you can be reached.
- The name, birth date and Social Security Number of all dependents under age 16.
- If you are not a citizen, proof of your alien status.
- The business name, address, and dates of employment for all employers within the last 18 months. A copy of your W-2 form may be helpful.
- If you seek work through a union, the hiring hall number is required.
- If you were in the military within the last 18 months, your DD214, Member 4. read more