Worcester County Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interviews.
How do I file my claim for unemployment insurance benefits in Maryland?
To file for your UI benefit in MD you need to create your account on the the Maryland Department of Labor Beacon website and apply. On this website you can:
- File a claim for your UI benefits.
- File a your weekly Certification for benefits.
- Maintain your account information.
- Change or reset your password.
What information do I need to file my MD unemployment insurance benefits claim?
Information needed to file your UI benefit must include:
- Your Name, Date of birth, Social Security Number
- Your mailing address, phone number and email address
- All your dependents under age 16; Date of Birth and Social Security numbers.
- Your employment history for the last 18 months with name, address and phone number.
- Employment start date, end date, return to work date and reason for job separation.
- Former Military Status if applicable; DD214.
- For Federal Employee; FORM 50 OR SF-8.
What are the eligibility requirements needed for me to qualify for MD Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
You must meet the following criteria to be qualified for UI benefits in MD:
- You must be unemployed through no fault of your own.
- You must have worked and earned sufficient wages during the Standard Base Period.
- You must be able to work and available for work.
- You Be able, available, and actively seeking work while receiving UI Benefits.
- You must report all income each time you file.
- You must perform and record three employment job search each week.
Can I file a claim for MD UI benefit if I quit my job or if I am fired from my job?
- Yes! you can file a claim regardless of your reason for separation.
- A claims specialist will review the facts in your case.
- A Determination Of Eligibility will be based on MD UI guidelines.
Can I get MD UI benefit if my hours are reduced or if do part-time work?
- If your hours have been reduced to part-time, you may a file a claim.
- Benefits will be based on your maximum weekly benefit amount determined.
- If your earnings are less than determined weekly benefit amount you will be issued partial benefit payments.
- If your earnings are more than your maximum weekly benefit amount, you will not be issued benefit payments.
Does Maryland provide career and job search assistance while I am on UI benefits?
Yes! Maryland American Job Centers provide:
- Access job search utilizing the Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE)
- View jobs posted to the web directly on your mobile phone or tablet.
- You can search for “MWEJOBS” in the Apple iTunes or Google Play app stores.
- Get career exploration assistance, referrals to training programs and placement services.
- Get résumé preparation assistance
- Attend workshops to enhance your job seeking skills and work readiness.
- Get access to computers, printers, copiers, fax, telephones, and other search resource materials.
- Get assistance to grow your independent business
How can I contact Maryland Depart Of Labor?
Live Agent Number: 667-207-6520
- Talk to a live claims agent
- File a new regular or CARES Act unemployment insurance claim
- Inquire about an existing claim
IVR Number 410-949-0022
- File weekly claim certifications for regular and pandemic claims
- Reset your PIN number
- Check payment status
Live Agent Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Calling Areas for Maryland Depart Of Labor?
- Calling from the Baltimore area or out of state – 410-949-0022
- Calling from Maryland but outside of the Baltimore area – 800-827-4839
- For Hearing Impaired Only – For Maryland Relay dial 711
Maryland Depart Of Labor
1100 North Eutaw Street,
Baltimore, MD 21201Baltimore, MD 21201