Tensas American Job Center – Tensas Parish
107 Arts Drive
St. Joseph, LA 71366
Phone: (318)355-8797 Ext:
Days/Hours of operation: W: 9 am-12:30pm; 1:00pm – 3:30pm
St. Joseph Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interviews.
How do I qualify for Louisiana Unemployment Insurance Benefit?
- You must have lost your job through no fault of your own.
- OR your work hours MUST have been reduced.
- You must be available for full-time work.
- If you are offered a job you must be able to accept.
- You must contact at least THREE different employers about job openings EACH week.
What is the Maximum amount of LA Unemployment Benefit I can receive.
- You can receive at least $10 and no more than $275 each week in LA unemployment insurance benefits.
- Your weekly benefit amount is calculated based taking 1/25th of the average of your total covered employment wages in the LA base period.
How do I file a claim for Unemployment insurance Benefits in Louisiana?
To file your claim for Louisiana UI Benefits please visit Louisiana Works Commission Department Of Labor website and start your online claim.
- File Your Unemployment Claim
- File for your weekly benefits
- Select debit a card or other payment method
- You can Register for Work
- You can Re-open Existing Unemployment Claim
- You can Change your Unemployment Payment Method
What must I do to continue getting my LA Unemployment Benefits without interruption?
- You must request your UI benefit payments each week either by phone at
866-783-5567 or online through HiRE
- You must file your first payment on Sunday immediately following the date you filed your
- You must continue to file each week for as long as you are unemployed.
- The deadline to claim your weekly benefits is Fridays at 4:00 p.m., Central Time.
- If you begin work, you must report ANY earnings for the week you worked.
- If you start earning more than what you receive in benefits each week, you must
- You must repay any overpayment of your LA unemployment benefits.
- You must be actively looking for work while getting Louisiana UI Benefits.
- Your must contact at least three different employers each week.
- You must keep a record of your work searches including employer information.
- Sometimes you may be required to report to your nearest American Job Center for an eligibility review.
- If your claim becomes inactive, you must go online and reactivate it to continue filing for benefits.
Do I need to Verify my ID in order to claim Unemployment Benefits in Louisiana?
- Yes! Louisiana Workforce Commission will certify your ID with identity verification provider ID.me
- When filing your claim you will be redirected to ID.me’s website to create an account to verify your identity.
- The ID verification process will only take five minutes to complete.
What is Louisiana Base Period?
- The Base Period is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters.
- The Base Period immediately precede the first day of an individual’s benefit year.
Can I file an Appeal if I disagree with the LA unemployment benefits Agency’s decision?
Yes! You can file your appeal by:
How can I get information on Louisiana job fair events?
You can view Louisiana Online Job Far Events Calendar for information on upcoming job fairs.
What number do I call if I have questions about my LA Unemployment Insurance benefit claim?
For Your Unemployment Insurance Benefit information
Phone: 1-866-783-5567 Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- If your SSN ends with 0000-2499, your designated call-in day will be Mondays.
- SSNs ending with 2500-4999 should call on Tuesdays.
- SSNs ending with 5000-7499 have Wednesdays as the designated call-in day.
- SSNs ending with 7500-9999 should call on Thursdays.
- Fridays have been designated as open to anyone needing assistance.