Kansas Unemployment Benefit Eligibility Requirements

Eligibility_RequirementsIf you are unemployed for any reason other than lack of work, the reason you lost your job may have a bearing on whether you receive benefits. Each time you become unemployed and apply for Kansas unemployment benefits, you must provide the reason you are unemployed.
Eligibility Requirements Continued: You are not eligible for Kansas unemployment benefits if you voluntarily quit your job without good cause, effective the day after your separation and continuing until you become re-employed and have insured earnings of at least three times your weekly benefit amount.
You may still be eligible if you:
  • Quit due to illness or injury upon the advice of a licensed and practicing health care provider.
  • Quit temporary work to return to your regular full–time employer.
  • Quit to enlist in the armed forces of the United States, but were rejected or delayed from entry.
  • Quit due to working conditions hazardous to your physical, mental or moral well being.
  • Quit due to unwelcome harassment by the employer or another employee.
  • Quit to accept better work.
  • Quit because the employer requested that you violate an ordinance or statute.
  • Quit due to a violation of the work agreement.
  • Quit due to a personal emergency.
  • Quit due to the voluntary or involuntary transfer of your spouse from one military job to another.
  • Quit to enter training approved under the Federal Trade Act of 1974.
  • Quit due to circumstances resulting from domestic violence. read more

Eligibility Requirements Continued: Information needed to file Kansas Unemployment Insurance Benefit 

  • Your Social Security number
  • Full mailing address, including apartment or lot number, Zip Code and PO Box if you use one
  • A phone number where you can be reached during the day
  • The name and mailing address of your last employer, no matter how long you worked there
    Note: Your paycheck stub or W-2 form usually contains this information
  • The date you began and stopped working for each employer and the reason you left each job
  • The county in which you live
  • Your driver’s license number
  • If you are not a citizen or national of the United States, your employment authorization number and expiration date
  • If you were active duty military within the past 18 months, your DD-214, Member #4 form
  • If you were a federal employee, your Standard Form SF-50 or pay stub
  • Any separation, vacation, or holiday pay you have received or will receive in the future

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *