Iowa Unemployment Insurance benefit eligibility requirement
- You are totally or partially unemployed.
- You have worked and earned a minimum amount of wages in work covered by unemployment insurance in the last 15 to 18 months.
- You have lost your job through no fault of your own.
- You are able and available for work.
- You are registered for work at your local IowaWORKS Center, unless work search is waived. You can register for work on-line by using the Employment Registration Services application.
- You are actively seeking work unless work search is waived. read more
What will you need to file for Iowa Unemployment Insurance benefit
- Your Social Security number;
- The name, payroll address and telephone number of your most recent employer, and the beginning and ending dates you worked for that employer;
- An Alien Registration number if you are NOT a U.S. citizen or permanent refugee;
- A DD-214 (Member 4), if you served in the U.S. military during the last 18 months;
- A Standard Form 8 (SF-8), if you worked for the federal government in the last 18 months;
- The name(s) of any dependents that you claim as exemptions on your federal income tax return;
- You may claim your spouse as a dependent if her/his gross wages were $120 or less in the week prior to filing your claim. Self-employment does not count as gross wages for dependent purposes.