If work 30 hrs in the summer can I collect partial unemployment?
December 7, 2013
Q) I work at Messiah College and they just informed me that my hrs. will be cut I will work 40 hrs. in the school term but only 30 hrs. in the summer can I collect partial unemployment?
A) If you have become partially unemployed you can apply for unemployment benefits.
Requirements for Unemployment Benefits
- Be totally or partially unemployed.
- Be unemployed through no fault of his/her own.
- Be physically able to work.
- Be available for work which means to be ready and willing to immediately accept work.
- Be actively looking for work.
- Meet eligibility requirements each week benefits are claimed.
- Be approved for training before training benefits can be paid.