I need to file a W-4V. WHERE DO I SEND IT???

unemployed_personQ) I need to file a W-4V (for unemployment benefit payments) form to change my taxation status for this year (2014). I have the form and can send it by mail or by internet. Do I have or need a Claim or identification number??? WHERE DO I SEND IT??? Thank you for the help, Eve M******

A) If you need to file a Form W-4V, which is used to request voluntary withholding from certain government payments, you can submit it to the agency that pays you. Here are some common agencies and their corresponding mailing addresses for submitting Form W-4V:

  • Social Security Administration: If you receive Social Security benefits, you can mail your Form W-4V to your local Social Security office. You can find your local office by using the Social Security Administration’s office locator tool on their website or by calling their toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213.
  • Department of Veterans Affairs: If you receive VA benefits, you can mail your Form W-4V to the Department of Veterans Affairs Finance Center at the following address:

    Department of Veterans Affairs Attn: 225C Financial Services Center P.O. Box 149971 Austin, TX 78714-9971

  • Railroad Retirement Board: If you receive railroad retirement benefits, you can mail your Form W-4V to the Railroad Retirement Board at the following address:

    Railroad Retirement Board Payee Tax Withholding P.O. Box 1688 Birmingham, AL 35201-1688

Make sure to check the instructions for Form W-4V to ensure you are mailing it to the correct address for your specific situation.

According to IRS website (states on form W-4V) For withholding on social security benefits, give or send the completed Form W-4V to your local Social Security Administration office.

read more


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *