I am being asked by to provide a “EDD Letter?

unemployed_personQ) I have exhausted my UI benefits. I am being asked by Riverside Workforce Development local office to provide a “EDD Letter” indicating that I have exhausted my benefits. I do not recall ever receiving one. Can you provide a quick way to obtain this “letter.” Thanks -Hugo

A) Sure, there are a few ways to obtain a letter from EDD indicating that you have exhausted your UI benefits.

Method 1: Online

  1. Go to the EDD website.
  2. Click on “Unemployment Insurance.”
  3. Click on “Claimant Services.”
  4. Click on “View and Print Documents.”
  5. Click on “Exhausted Benefits Letter.”
  6. Enter your personal information and click “Submit.”
  7. The letter will be emailed to you.

Method 2: By phone

  1. Call EDD at 1-800-300-5616.
  2. Select the option for “Unemployment Insurance.”
  3. Select the option for “Claimant Services.”
  4. Select the option for “View and Print Documents.”
  5. Follow the instructions to request an exhausted benefits letter.

Method 3: In person

  1. Go to your local EDD office.
  2. Bring your ID and proof of address.
  3. Ask a representative for an exhausted benefits letter.

“An EDD appeal letter is written for the purpose of asking the Employment Development Department to reconsider a decision denying an individual unemployment benefits. The letter typically includes evidence supporting the request for a reconsideration of the decision and may even include the name or names of potential witnesses who are willing to testify in a hearing on the individual’s behalf.” http://www.greatsampleresume.com/Appeal-Letters/EDD-Appeal-Letter.html

I hope this helps!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *