Q) Hello i’m collecting unemployment in Florida from the new state unemployment as that’s where I worked and lived now i’m living in west palm beach and wanted to know as to how I can go about transferring my unemployment to palm beach as i’m a Floridian resident now. I tried calling to speak to someone live and was unsuccessful please let me know if at all possible or provide me with a valid number to call to obtain my information. Thank you
A) To transfer your unemployment claim from one location to another in Florida, you can follow these steps:
- Log into your Florida CONNECT account, which is the online system for managing unemployment claims in Florida.
- Once logged in, click on the “Profile” tab and then select “Contact Information” from the drop-down menu.
- Under the “Mailing Address” section, update your address to your current address in West Palm Beach.
- Next, click on the “Claimant Services” tab and select “File a New Claim” from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the prompts to file a new claim for unemployment in Florida, using your current West Palm Beach address.
- You may also need to contact the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity’s Reemployment Assistance Customer Service center at 1-800-204-2418 to update your address and transfer your claim to West Palm Beach.
- Finally, make sure to continue filing your weekly claims for unemployment benefits in order to continue receiving benefits.
Unemployment offices are usually very busy as so many people are still out of jobs. Therefore, seeing that you have already called your local unemployment office and have not been able to speak with someone live, I would recommend that you Visit your local unemployment office and speak with a counselor regarding the transfer of your status.
I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.