Find your local unemployment office here! Not a government website

When hired the job I applied for stated 6-7 days. Last 2 weeks I only had worked 3 days. Can I file for benefits?

Q) When hired the job I applied for stated 6-7 days, 10-12 hr days, must be able to travel 3 different locations. 4/5 weeks a month I average
8-24 hrs weekly. Now for last 2 weeks I only had worked 3 days cause no work available. Can I file for benefits?

A) You may file a claim for Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits if your work hours have been reduced or you are no longer working. To be eligible to receive UI benefits you must be out of work due to no fault of your own and be physically able to work, ready to accept work, and looking for work.

You should apply for benefits as soon as you are unemployed or your hours are reduced. Your claim will be filed or reopened the Sunday of the week you file. All claims have a one-week, unpaid waiting period. The waiting period does not begin until the claim is filed.
To determine if you are eligible to receive benefits, you will be asked a variety of questions such as information about your past employers and the reason you are out of work. To ensure your claim is filed as quickly as possible, you should have the following information ready before you file your claim:
• Your Social Security number, name (including all names you used while working), date of birth, mailing and residence address (including ZIP code) and phone number (including area code).
• Your driver’s license or identification card number.
• The last date you worked for any employer.
• Last employer information including the name of the business or company you last physically worked for, address (mailing and physical location) and phone number. We also need the ZIP code for both addresses and the area code for the employer’s phone number.
• The reason you are no longer working for your last employer and the name of your supervisor.
• Information on all employers you worked for during the 18 months prior to filing of your claim, including name, address, period of employment, wages earned, and how you were paid.
• Information from your DD214 Member Copy 4, if you were in the Military the last 18 months.
• Information from your Standard Form 8, “Notice to Federal Employees About Unemployment Insurance” if you worked for an agency of the federal government during the last 18 months.
• Your alien registration number and expiration date if you are not a U.S. citizen.

Leave a reply

126 Responses to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Unemployment Office

  1. Hello.

    My company is currently hiring and I was wondering how I may go about sending a job posting.

    We are looking for staff with reliable vehicles that can hold 3 individuals with developmental disabilities. They must pass a DOJ background check with Community Care Licensing. We teach life skills, vocational skills, communication, money management, socialization in a completely community based setting. We pay $12/hour and offer a mileage reimbursement of 53 cents /mile that one of our individuals are in the vehicle. Our greatest needs are in Temecula, Murrieta and Menifee; however if a person is willing to work at any of those locations we can get them started. After background checks are completed the staff attend 4 days of paid training in Rancho Cucamonga at our state office followed by a day to familiarize themselves with our program before heading into the field with their individuals for field training.

    If you have any questions or would like me to send the Now Hiring flyer, please let me know.

    Many thanks,

    Jennie Hurley
    Program Director
    Cole Vocational Services Temecula

Leave a reply