Requirements for Filing District of Columbia Unemployment Benefits
To begin the process of filing for your DC unemployment benefits, you will need to have the following information readily available to meed the District of Columbia Requirements:
- Your social security number
- Your most recent 30-day employer’s name(s), address(es), phone number(s) and dates of employment
- Your Alien Registration Number, if you are not a US Citizen
- Your DD214, if you are ex-military
- Your Standard Form 8 or Standard Form 50, if you are a former federal employee
- Severance pay information (only applicable if you did or will receive severance pay) read more
District of Columbia Work search requirements:
- You MUST contact at least two (2) employers each week to inquire about job openings.
- You MUST keep a detailed written record of the employers you contact each week.